Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Books

Hi, Everyone!

For reasons I won't go into here, I have been unable to get my books in Barnes and Noble and Borders brick and mortar stores. I'm not sure they are even listed with them. And independent book stores in my area are nil. But hope springs eternal.

There is an upscale "gift" shop in the same area which supports, TJMax, a clothing store, and a supermarket, that recently opened up a Christmas shop in the area that once held a drug store. On an impulse I went into the gift shop and asked the manager if she would carry my books. She sent me over to the Christmas Shop to speak to the owner of the Gift Shop and after discussing the prospect of his carrying my books in his store he was agreeable.

Since I do have several copies of Sarah's Landing-I-Contact - from iUniverse on hand, along with copies of The House On The Bluff and The Gatekeeper's Realm, I was fortunate enough to sell him (yes he bought them outright), 5 copies each of The House and Gatekeeper and 4 of Sarah's Landing. In all he wrote me a check for 14 books. He said if they do well in that store, he will put them in his store in another town. I asked him if he would like me to set up a book signing for him. He answered that he would be for it when things get slow. WOW!!!

I was hoping to get my books in his store, but I didn't expect him to buy them outright and place them in his gift shop. Said he always wanted to add books to his gift shop but never got around to it. Luckily, I was the first local author who had walked in with books in hand and possibly at the right time as well. Now all I need is for them to sell and for him to ask for more books. Wouldn't that be great!!! *grin* from ear to ear!!!!

Elena

No comments: